Thursday, June 16

At Twenty Three

At twenty-three, my father earn his own money from being a driver and go to England randomly wandering around to find 2 hours laundry machine (to open his own laundry business) alone. He saw people lining up in a restaurant in England and get to know it is McDonald. He told his friend, his friend told his other friend who now become the owner of Malaysia McD franchise .He struggled to become the supplier of ‘malay’ grocery in Hilton Hotel after been chased out thrice.

But the cutest of all, when he became the Dunhill agent, he lost money and he wrote a complaint letter to Dunhill company in England saying Dunhill cigarette doesn’t taste good on Malay tongue. The Dunhill company search for him.

That’s him. He earn his ‘Dato’ from his craziness chasing his dream. Just crazy. He is no PhD, no degree, and not even SPM, just went for school until standard 3. He is now 65years old.

And now I am 23 years old. I have a degree. I have no money I’ve earned and I went to United States for study using other people’s money.



I feel dumb